Lal Bahadur Shastri was a great freedom fighter and the second prime minister of India after Jawahar Lal Nehru, he was a leader of the Indian National Congress Party. He gave a slogan to the nation “Jai Jawan Jai Kishan”
He belonged to a very poor family, her father was a teacher and he had died in the early stage of life, therefore her mother cared for him and gave support for his education, after father’s death, he came to parents home in Mirjapur,
- Date of birth: Lal bahadur shastri was born on 2nd October 1904 in Mughalsarai,Uttar Pradesh (now pandit din dayal upadhayay)
- Mother name- Ramdulari
- Father name – Munsi Sharda Prasad Srivastava
- Family – In 1928 he married Lalita (daughter of Ganesh Prasad) from Mirzapur, from Onwords he was the father of six children, two daughter Kusum and Suman, and four sons named: Harikrishna, Sunil, Anil, Ashok.
- Height of Lal Bahadur Shastri: the height of Lal Bahadur Shastri was 5 feet 2 inches.
- Birthplace: Mughalsarai Uttar Pradesh now pandit din dayal Upadhyay
- Primary education & graduation – Lal Bahadur Shastri had his primary education while living in his mother’s home and took education from Harishchandra High School, and Kashi Vidyapeeth (in Sanskrit language).
- GRADUATION: Lal Bahadur Shashtri had taken his higher graduation study from Vidyapeeth in the Sanskrit language
- Entry into politics: After getting a higher education in Sanskrit, he joined the Bharat Sevak Sangh, and started his political career from there by taking the oath to give his valuable time to his nation and country. He was very simple person and devoted his simplicity to helping the poor. He was very active and joined every movement and program related to the nation’s Indian freedom struggle . Due to this, he spent much time in jail. He was given a vital role in some movements including the non-cooperative movement of 1921, the Dandi march in 1930, and the Quit Indian movement in 1942.
- Political career – Indian National Congress, In 1964 Lal Bahadur Shastri was elected as the second prime minister of India, He said in his first speech that his first priority is to stop food prices and He was successful in that. In 1965 Pakistan suddenly Launched an air attack. In that situation an emergency meeting was held by the president and the president gave him a big responsibility to protect the nation from his leadership. At that time Shastri ji had given a slogan to the nation, “JAI JAWAN JAI KISHAN” This slogan gave the entire nation to united and provided the morale strength respecting to nation. During the ido -ido-pak war Shashtri Ji was very busy and upset, ultimetly another pressure was created by America and Russia to ceasefire the war. Therefore he was called to Russia, as a part of a well-planned conspiracy which was accepted. After a lot of struggle, the Tashkent agreement was signed by creating pressure on Shastri ji. After a few hours of singing Shastri Ji was found by a heart attack on 11 January 1966. Shashtri ji was a very simple and honest prime minister of India, due to this he was awarded BHARAT RATAN in 1966.
- SLOGAN OF LAL BAHADUR SASTRI-” jai jawan jai kishan””
- DEATH DATE – Lal Bahadur was found dead on 11 January 1966 in Tashkent, Soviet Union
CAREER IN POLITICS(REPRESENTING TO NATION)
SECOND PRIMENISTER OF INDIA: 09 JUN 1964 TO 11 JANUARY 1966
PRESIDENT: Sarvepalli radhakrishna
FOREGIN MINISTER OF INDIA: 09 JUN 1964 TO 18 JULY 1964
HOME MINISTER OF INDIA: 04 APRIL 1961 TO 29 AUGUST 1963